Product Type: Online courses
Company: EC Council
The EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES) program introduces professionals and students to the field of cryptography. The participants will learn the foundations of modern symmetric and key cryptography including the details of algorithms such as Feistel Networks, DES, and AES.
Participants will also be provided a practical application of the following:
- How to set up a VPN
- Encrypt a drive
- Hands-on experience with steganography
- Hands on experience in cryptographic algorithms ranging from classic ciphers like Caesar cipher to modern day algorithms such as AES and RSA.
- Types of Encryption Standards and their differences
- How to select the best standard for your organization
- How to enhance your pen-testing knowledge in encryption
- Correct and incorrect deployment of encryption technologies
- Common mistakes made in implementing encryption technologies
- Best practices when implementing encryption technologies
- Number of Questions: 50
- Required Passing Score: 70>#/li###
- Test Duration: 2 Hours
- Test Format: Multiple Choice
- Test Delivery: EC-Council Exam Center (ECC EXAM)
Who is it for?
Anyone involved in the selection and implementation of VPN’s or digital certificates should attend this course. Without understanding the cryptography at some depth, people are limited to following marketing hype. Understanding the actual cryptography allows you to know which one to select. A person successfully completing this course will be able to select the encryption standard that is most beneficial to their organization and understand how to effectively deploy that technology.
This course is excellent for ethical hackers and penetration testing professionals as most penetration testing courses skip cryptanalysis completely. Many penetration testing professionals testing usually don’t attempt to crack cryptography. Basic knowledge of cryptanalysis is very beneficial to any penetration testing.